Hail storms are one of the most destructive natural disasters that can affect your home, especially your roof. Hail stones can range from the size of a pea to the size of a grapefruit, and they can cause significant damage to your roof shingles, gutters, siding, windows, and more. In this article, we will explain what hail storm roof damage is, how to identify it, how to prevent it, and how to repair it. We will also share some tips on how to deal with your insurance company and how to choose the best roofing contractor for your hail damage roof repair in New Jersey.
- Hail storm roof damage is the damage caused by the impact of hail stones on your roof, which can lead to leaks, mold, rot, and structural damage to your roof and your home.
- Hail storm roof damage can be hard to spot, especially from the ground level, so you should inspect your roof as soon as possible after a hail storm, or hire a professional roof inspector to do it for you.
- Hail storm roof damage can be prevented by keeping your roof in good condition, replacing your old or damaged roof, choosing a hail-resistant roofing material, installing a roof underlayment and impact-resistant shingles, installing a roof ventilation system, and trimming or removing any overhanging branches or trees.
- Hail storm roof damage can be repaired by documenting the damage, contacting your insurance company, hiring a licensed and insured roofing contractor, reviewing and comparing the estimate and contract, scheduling and supervising the repair, inspecting the final result, and paying your roofing contractor and your insurance deductible.
- RGB Construction is a family-owned and operated roofing company in New Jersey that has the experience, expertise, and equipment to handle any hail storm roof damage repair in New Jersey, no matter how big or small. We offer free estimates and consultations, high-quality materials and workmanship, lifetime warranties and guarantees, flexible financing options, fast and efficient service, friendly and professional staff, customer satisfaction and referrals.
|Affordable, easy to install, widely available
|Prone to granule loss, cracking, and breaking
|Natural, attractive, insulating
|Prone to rotting, warping, and splitting
|Durable, lightweight, fire-resistant, energy-efficient
|Prone to denting, rusting, and fading
|Elegant, long-lasting, fire-resistant, low-maintenance
|Prone to chipping, cracking, and breaking
|Stylish, durable, fire-resistant, low-maintenance
|Prone to cracking, breaking, and slipping
|Flexible, resilient, waterproof, eco-friendly
|Prone to puncturing, tearing, and shrinking
What is hail storm roof damage?
Hail storm roof damage is the damage caused by the impact of hail stones on your roof. Hail stones can crack, dent, chip, or break your roof shingles, exposing the underlying layers of your roof to water, wind, and UV rays. This can lead to leaks, mold, rot, and structural damage to your roof and your home. Hail storm roof damage can also affect the aesthetic and functional value of your roof, reducing its lifespan and performance.
Hail storm roof damage can vary depending on the size, shape, density, and velocity of the hail stones, as well as the type, age, and condition of your roof. Some types of roof shingles, such as asphalt, wood, and metal, are more susceptible to hail damage than others, such as slate, tile, and rubber. Older and worn-out roofs are also more vulnerable to hail damage than newer and well-maintained roofs.
How to identify hail storm roof damage?
Hail storm roof damage can be hard to spot, especially from the ground level. Some signs of hail damage may not be visible until months or years after the storm, when the damage has worsened and caused more problems. Therefore, it is important to inspect your roof as soon as possible after a hail storm, or hire a professional roof inspector to do it for you.
Some common signs of hail storm roof damage are:
- Missing, cracked, or broken shingles
- Dented, bent, or detached gutters and downspouts
- Dented or punctured vents, skylights, or flashing
- Granule loss or discoloration on shingles
- Water stains or leaks on ceilings or walls
- Mold or mildew growth on attic or roof deck
- Sagging or buckling of roof deck or rafters
If you notice any of these signs, you should contact a reputable roofing contractor in New Jersey, such as RGB Construction, to assess the extent of the damage and provide you with a free estimate and consultation.
How to prevent hail storm roof damage?
While you cannot prevent hail storms from happening, you can take some steps to minimize the risk and impact of hail storm roof damage on your home. Some of these steps are:
- Keep your roof in good condition by performing regular maintenance and repairs
- Replace your old or damaged roof with a new and durable one
- Choose a hail-resistant roofing material, such as metal, slate, tile, or rubber
- Install a roof underlayment, such as felt paper or synthetic membrane, to provide an extra layer of protection
- Install impact-resistant shingles, such as Class 4 shingles, which can withstand the impact of large hail stones
- Install a roof ventilation system, such as ridge vents or soffit vents, to regulate the temperature and moisture of your attic and roof
- Trim or remove any overhanging branches or trees that could fall on your roof during a storm
- Inspect your roof after every storm and fix any minor issues before they become major ones
How to repair hail storm roof damage?
If your roof has suffered hail storm damage, you should act quickly and contact a reliable roofing contractor in New Jersey, such as RGB Construction, to repair it. Delaying the repair can lead to more damage and higher costs in the long run. Here are some steps to follow when repairing hail storm roof damage:
- Document the damage by taking photos and videos of your roof and the hail stones
- Contact your insurance company and file a claim for the damage
- Hire a licensed and insured roofing contractor in New Jersey, such as RGB Construction, to inspect your roof and provide you with a written estimate and contract
- Review and compare the estimate and contract with your insurance adjuster and agree on the scope and cost of the repair
- Schedule the repair with your roofing contractor and supervise the work
- Inspect the final result and make sure it meets your expectations and satisfaction
- Pay your roofing contractor and your insurance deductible and enjoy your restored roof
Why choose RGB Construction for your hail storm roof damage repair in New Jersey?
RGB Construction is a family-owned and operated roofing company in New Jersey that has been serving the community since 2007. We have the experience, expertise, and equipment to handle any hail storm roof damage repair in New Jersey, no matter how big or small. We are certified by the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and the GAF Master Elite Contractor Program. We offer the following benefits to our customers:
- Free estimates and consultations
- High-quality materials and workmanship
- Lifetime warranties and guarantees
- Flexible financing options
- Fast and efficient service
- Friendly and professional staff
- Customer satisfaction and referrals
If you need hail storm roof damage repair in New Jersey, don’t hesitate to call us at 856-264-9093 to book your free estimate and consultation. We are ready to help you restore your roof and your peace of mind.